Scale insects are among the most common but also the most harmful insects. They can invade our plants, weaken them, and even cause them to rot. If you have noticed the presence of scale insects on your plants, know that it is possible to eliminate them with entirely natural pesticides.
By inserting their beaks into the plants, scale insects suck the sap, weakening or killing the plants depending on the plant species and the quantity of scale insects.
As if that weren’t enough, scale insects secrete a kind of honeydew, which, in turn, promotes the development of black mold that dries out the leaves and causes them to fall.
5 Natural Pesticides Against Scale Insects:
- An excellent natural insecticide that can permanently eliminate scale insects.
- Mix a liter of water with the contents of 6 cigarettes and let it sit for 24 hours.
- Drain the solution and spray it on the plants. Alternatively, you can also rub a cotton ball soaked in the solution directly on the leaves.
- Baking Soda:
- Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with a liter of water and two tablespoons of grated Marseille soap.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and spray it directly on the plants every 7 days for at least 4 months.
- Garlic Alcohol:
- Mix 6 garlic cloves with half a liter of alcohol and half a liter of water.
- Filter the mixture to obtain a very liquid solution, then spray it on the plants and the soil.
- Garlic and Laundry Detergent:
- Crush 150 grams of garlic and mix them with 1 liter of water. Add 2 tablespoons of liquid laundry detergent and continue stirring.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and apply it directly to the plants.
- Express Repellent:
- Mix a liter of warm water with half a teaspoon of dish soap and 1 tablespoon of alcohol.
- Spray on plants affected by scale insects.